** NEW DEADLINE: Sunday January 28th, 2018 **
dotART cultural association together with Trieste Photo Days, launches a new call for the project Flowing City.
We are looking for photographers interested in submitting black and white single pictures and Projects/Portfolios freely inspired to the concept Flowing City by Italian writer and journalist Roberto Srelz.
The selected photos will add emotions and meaning to the concept and they will converge in a collective editorial project composed by images and words, in which writing and photography interweave and influence each other. Together with the photographic volume, the project will include an international exhibition.
Flowing City is the second Exhibit Around call and follows the success of Urban & Human Empathy, that has seen the works of 49 photographers from all over the world gathered in a series of international exhibitions (Budapest, Lodz, Trieste) and a prestigious photographic volume presented in October 2017 at Trieste Photo Days.
The Call is open from December 18th 2017 till January 28th 2018 (NEW DEADLINE). To submit the photos you must fill the Upload form, selecting the “Flowing city” project. Submissions to this Open Call are for free.
» Photographic volume
- All selected works will become part of a prestigious volume of images & words (in Italian and English), that will be presented during Trieste Photo Days 2018 festival.
- The volume will be printed in a limited deluxe edition (special 150 g matt coated paper / format 22×22 cm).
- All the selected authors of portfolio section can take their free copy of the book during Trieste Photo Days 2018 (otherwise, they can request the shipment – costs depends on to the destination country).
- When the deluxe edition will run out, the volume will be published worldwide on Amazon in classical version (100g uncoated paper).
- The volume will also be published as free pdf on issuu.
- A selection of photo and projects could become part of the Trieste Photo Days 2018 festival catalogue.
At least one photo per author will be exhibited in an international collective exhibition in Europe or during Trieste Photo Days 2018.
Exhibit Around will select two authors and will reward them with a free stay of 2 nights in Trieste during Trieste Photo Days 2018 (last weekend of October), so they can attend the presentation of the volume “Flowing city”.
» Selection and Expenses
Only selected authors will be contacted by the Exhibit Around staff before February 2018 and will receive a a proposal of refund inclusive for all the above points to become part of the project and of the Exhibit Around circuit.
Logistics, organization, print, merchandising, visual communication, transportation, setup and photoreportage of the events is made by our staff.
- Each photographer can upload up to 12 single photos and up to 2 projects/portfolio with at least 3 to a maximum of 20 photos. Only black & white photos will be accepted.
- The photos must be freely inspired by the concept “Flowing city” by Roberto Srelz. We look after images of street photography that captures the movement of the contemporary city: frenzy, transportation, mobility. The man in the urban environment that tries to keep up with the future.
- The projects and portfolios doesn’t need descriptive texts neither a presentation, as the photos will be intertwined to the Roberto Srelz’s text.
- We will select one photo that will become the cover image and the official visual of the project. We invite therefore the photographers that desire, to entitle one of the candidate photos as “Cover book”. The ideal image for the cover is evocative, it well represents the spirit of the project and contains “empty space” for the insertion of the title. You can find some examples of cover photos here, here and here.
- The photos must not contain signatures, filigrees, watermark or frames.
- Participants will become members of the cultural association dotART for the entire 2018.
» Upload Technical Specifications
- Only .jpg format
- RGB colors
- File dimension lesser than 7MB each
- Smallest side minimum 2000px / longest side no more than 6000px
- No special characters in the “filename.jpg”;
Our Upload System supports maximum 10 pictures per session. If your project/portfolio has more than 10 pictures you must divide your upload in more sessions. At the end of the first upload session you will be asked to click to continue uploading the new session and you won’t need to fill the form again.
Porfolios: to make sure to have the right order of the portfolio, please add to your filename a sequence number (e.g. filename03.jpg, 08filename.jpg, …).
The participant, in regard to all of his/her entered works, grants to dotART a complete, non-exclusive, irrevocable and indefinite license to use. The association dotART reserves the right to use them within the scope of its own non-profit associational activities. The Author, whose name will always be attributed to the work, maintains in any case his/her moral rights in regard to the work, in addition to the intellectual property rights to the same.