» Period: Tuesday 01 January 2019 - Friday 15 February 2019
» Info: email@example.com
This year our media partner BLOW Photo have set up Fuse, a new Photo Book Programme aimed at mentoring an artist through the process of getting their work onto paper and in front of publishers.
By bringing together the collective knowledge of an editor, publisher, designer, and printer, Fuse gives a selected artist the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best people while gaining a deep insight into the process of making their own photo book. The 3-month mentorship will end with the unique opportunity to meet and present their dummy to key photo book publishers.
Do you have a story to tell? Are you working on a project that you would love to publish one day? Then maybe the time has come to get your work on paper and in front of the photo publishing industry.
Fuse is a new Photo Book Programme aimed at mentoring an artist through the process of publishing a photo book.
By bringing together the collective knowledge of an editor, publisher, designer, and printer, Fuse gives you the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best people while gaining a deep insight into the process of making your own photo book. The 3-month programme will result in your work being presented to international publishers as a professionally edited, designed and printed Dummy.
Through this collaboration, you will explore your options, from the selection of images and typography, to whether your book is hand-made or uses print-on-demand technology or traditional printing and binding technology, as well as choosing the size, paper type and binding of your book.
- Collaborative dummy bookmaking workshops with Read That Image
- Editing with BLOW Photo Editor
- Personal guidelines from the publisher Dewi Lewis
- One to one workshop with the director of Plus Print
- Designed artwork by Unthink designers
- Dummy printed by Plus Print
- Presentation of the work and dummy to major publishers
- Access to D-Light Studios facilities
The program will run from April until the end of June 2019, then in July the Dummy will be presented to the publishers during the festival in Arles. It will require a minimum of 2-3 visits to Dublin. Within those visits, you will receive accommodation from D-Light Studios. The awardee must cover their own transport costs.
Terms and Conditions:
- This opportunity is open to any photographer or artist using the medium of photography who is looking to develop their work in the form of a book. Applicants should have a photographic project that is at an advanced state. It’s not necessary for the project to be completed, but it must be at a stage where the process of publishing can be set in motion with our team.
- Applicants must be available for an three 3 to 5 days long trip to Dublin between the beginning
- of April and mid June. Dates to be agreed on individual basis.
- Within the first visit of alumni in Dublin will include the dates of the Read That Image workshop which is scheduled for 6th, 7th April.
- Blow Photo covers accommodation at a D-Light Studios apartment for 2-3 visits to Dublin. Maximum stay is 5 days. Additional days must be paid for by the artist, a reduced rate will apply.
- Applicants must be available for an interview (Skype call optional) within the first week of March 2019.
- jects must not have been published as a photo book before.
- The Program is open internationally.
Deadline: 15 February 2019
Interview: March 2019
Duration: April – June 2019*
*first visit includes Read That Image workshop dates 6th-7th April
- PDF format, 10mb max
- Project Statement
- Artist Biography
- Maximum of 30 images
- Website and/or social media links
- Scan of student ID where applicable