» Period: Thursday 11 July 2019 - Sunday 15 September 2019
» Info: email@example.com
dotART cultural association, together with Trieste Photo Days 2019 festival, launches through its platform Exhibit Around a new free call for entries for the project “The Ideal City of Leonardo”.
We are looking for photographers interested in submitting photos and/or projects/portfolios for a collective photographic tribute to the genius of Leonardo Da Vinci, five hundred years after the death of the great artist.
The tribute will focus on the Leonardo architect / urban planner and his “Ideal City”. Photographic works on existing subjects of the Leonardesque architecture and works freely inspired by the theme of the Ideal City. The photos must fit into one of the following thematic areas: The City and the Water / Geometry & Perspective / Aerial Photography (see rules below).
The best works, selected by dotART, will become part of the multidisciplinary project, which will include:
- A collective photographic exhibition (around 30 photos), which will be set up in October 2019 at the DoubleRoom space during Trieste Photo Days, Italy.
- A photographic volume supervised by Edoardo Villata, professor of History of Modern Art at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart of Milan, which will also take care of the introduction.
- A conference on Leonardo’s Ideal City by prof. Villata with the participation of Angelo Cucchetto, Art director of the Festival, which will take place on Sunday 27 October 2019 during the presentation of the project at Trieste Photo Days.
Exhibit Around will select the best author of the project and will award it with a free 3-night stay in Trieste on the occasion of the presentation of the photographic book, in the context of Trieste Photo Days 2019.
The Call is open from 11 July to 15 September 2019 and it’s completely free.
The Call is open from 11 July to 15 September 2019. To submit the photos you must fill the Upload form, selecting the The Ideal City of Leonardo project. This Open Call is completely free.
» Photographic volume
Only selected works will become part of a prestigious volume that will be presented at Trieste Photo Days 2019 festival. A selection of photos and/or projects will become part of the Trieste Photo Days 2019 festival catalogue.
The best photos (around 30) will be displayed in an international collective exhibition at DoubleRoom during Trieste Photo Days 2019.
Exhibit Around will select one author that will be awarded with a free stay of 3 nights in Trieste during Trieste Photo Days 2019 (last weekend of October) in order to attend the presentation of The Ideal City of Leonardo book.
Only selected authors will be contacted by the Exhibit Around staff within September 2019. No fees will be required to be part of the project.
- Each photographer can upload up to 12 photos and up to 2 projects/portfolio with at least 3 to a maximum of 20 photos.
- Both colour and black and white images are accepted.
- Projects and portfolios may be accompanied by a brief description / presentation. Exhibit Around reserves the right to modify, edit and / or not publish it. The author’s name will always be present.
- We will select one photo that will become the cover image and the official visual of the project. We invite therefore the photographers that desire, to entitle one of the candidate photos as “Cover book”. The ideal image for the cover is evocative, it well represents the spirit of the project and contains “empty space” for the insertion of the title.
- The photos must not contain signatures, filigrees, watermark or frames.
- Participants will become members of the cultural association dotART for the entire 2019.
» Thematic areas
The City and the Water. Leonardo’s genius was also involved in engineering and architecture. He never lost interest in investigating the relationship between the city and the water element. Rivers and canals inserted in urban contexts, hydraulic engineering works and machines to divert, lift, slow down and measure water. Leonardo’s urban planning intuitions have reached the present day, and photographers will be able to capture them according to their artistic sensibility.
Geometry & Perspective. Leonardo was a pioneer of perspective, its representation and its overcoming. In this category, photographers will be able to nominate photos set in the urban fabric that play with the lines, perspective, geometries and shapes of buildings, streets and monuments.
Aerial Photography. Leonardo is the inventor of the bird’s-eye view and of the modern concept of map. In this category, photographers will be able to honor the Florentine genius with aerial and drone photographs of the city.
» Upload Technical Specifications
- Only .jpg format
- RGB color
- File dimension lesser than 7MB each
- Smallest side minimum 2000px / longest side no more than 6000px
- No special characters in the “filename.jpg”;
Our Upload System supports maximum 10 pictures per session. If your project/portfolio has more than 10 pictures you must divide your upload in more sessions. At the end of the first upload session you will be asked to click to continue uploading the new session and you won’t need to fill the form again.
Portfolios: to make sure to have the right order of the portfolio, please add to your filename a sequence number (e.g. filename03.jpg, 08filename.jpg, …).
The participant, in regard to all of his/her entered works, grants to dotART a complete, non-exclusive, irrevocable and indefinite license to use. The association dotART reserves the right to use them within the scope of its own non-profit associational activities. The Author, whose name will always be attributed to the work, maintains in any case his/her moral rights in regard to the work, in addition to the intellectual property rights to the same.